If you think you would benefit from seeing a Psychologist, but know that your busy schedule, work or home responsibilities or anxieties, may mean that you would struggle to attend face-to-face sessions, then therapy with via Skype, WebEx or Face-time might be the best choice for you.
Its also possible that the services that Debbie Smith Therapies offer are not located close to you but you believe our skilled and specialist practitioners are a good fit for you. We have clients who attend their sessions via Skype WebEx or FaceTime. All of who report that this arrangement works well for them. Furthermore, many clients report that they find it much easier to concentrate on the matters at hand when they are in familiar surroundings.
Having conducted sessions online for many years, I find that the therapeutic relationship and the progress is as effective as live meets. There are many benefits of online therapy via video link such as:
- It saves travel to a clinic – both saving time and money
- It does not require a referral from a G.P. or psychiatrist
- Clients often feel more comfortable to talk openly in a space that is familiar to them such as office or home
- Clients can feel a little less embarrassed when talking about sensitive issues
- It eliminates the worry about the stigma of in-office therapy
- It eliminates any concern that you will be seen entering or leaving a therapist’s office
- Meeting away from the therapist room can help re balance the power when you’re not in the therapist’s office, you might feel more confident to be more honest
- With an initial choice of therapists, you can choose the therapist according to the day/time that works for you
- Clients who are short on time prefer not having to find the extra time for travel and parking
- Some clients feel reassured that therapy via the Internet provides greater anonymity and more freedom to only have to inform the people who they want to know they are attending therapy
- Accessible for people who do not drive or have physical disability that prevents ease of travel
Thanks to today’s technology, not living local to a skilled psychologist does not hinder you being able to access good quality psychological therapy. Please contact us to discuss and book an appointment.
If you would like to have a chat, either call or e-mail me.
Our meetings can be face to face, or via Skype/FaceTime.
Dr Debbie Smith – BPS Chartered Counselling Psychologist
BPS Expert Witness | BPS Chartered Scientist | HCPC Registered | UKRCP Registered
BACP Senior Accredited Member | Certificate of European Psychology – EuroPsy
Senior Associate Member of the Royal Society of Medicine